BISMiS 2018 Travel Awards
Bergey’s Manual Trust will sponsor five travel awards for postgraduate students or other young investigators to attend BISMiS 2018 in South Africa. Three of these awards will be for any of the young participants with the other two targeting participants from Africa specifically.
These awards will cover the conference registration and 3 nights of accommodation but will not cover any traveling costs to and from the meeting. An ad-hoc selection committee will evaluate the applications.
Eligibility: To qualify for consideration the applicant must be:
- A current BISMiS member (for information on joining BISMIS, please see http://www.bismis.net/).
- Submitted an abstract for presentation at BISMiS 2018 as the presenting author.
- Be younger than 40 years (based on your age in April 2018).
- Abstract to be submitted online by 20 November 2017
- One-page write-up on how the meeting will be useful in achieving your research objectives and benefit your career.
- Nomination Letter (may be written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer, or director of the department).
E-mail the motivation and nomination letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2017.